Terms and conditions
- All people entering this promotional competition (the entrants) agree that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these competition rules is available at Absa Rewards 21st Floor 160 Main Street Johannesburg. The information can be obtained between 08:00 to 17h00 Mondays to Fridays.
- The organiser of this promotional competition is Absa for purposes of this promotional competition “Absa” means Absa Bank Limited (registered number 1986/004794/06), all subsidiaries and associates of Absa Bank Limited and the ultimate holding company of Absa Bank Limited, its subsidiaries and associates.
- The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read these terms and conditions. The entrant is aware of all the terms printed in bold.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- This promotional competition will start on 16 November 2013 and will end on 15 December 2013 (“competition period”).
- In order to qualify as an entrant –
Method of entry:
- the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- only individuals can participate in this competition and will be entered into the draw and companies will be excluded;
- the entrant must be a current Absa Rewards member
Absa, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
The ten (10) winners will each win a Cashbuild gift certificate worth R10 000 (Ten Thousand Rand only).
The winners will be randomly chosen from all qualifying entrants by a registered auditor and by means of a lucky draw to take place at the premises of Absa, situated at 160 Main Street Johannesburg. Ten (10) prizewinners will be chosen over the competition period, on 17 January 2014.
The ten (10) prizewinners will be contacted telephonically after the draw dates in January 2014. If a selected winner does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Absa will leave a message on the prizewinner’s landline or mobile phone (if possible). Absa undertakes to try at least three (3) times on three (3) consecutive days to notify the prizewinners telephonically. If Absa cannot get hold of a prizewinner telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Absa will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant.
The prize will be couriered to the winners at the cost of Cashbuild by courier services to their place of work and receipt will be recorded.
When the prizewinners accept their prize, they may choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photograph taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
If the prizewinner has given his written consent, Absa has the right to publish the winner's name and photographs (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material. The nature of these publications will be determined at the sole discretion of Absa, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of the lucky draw.
Unless Absa has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Absa is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or prizewinner’s participation in the promotional competition.
If Absa cannot continue with the promotional competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Absa may end the promotional competition on condition that –
- the entrant must transact at any Cashbuild store during the competition period using either an Absa Debit, Cheque or Credit Card and all other forms of payments will be excluded;
- the entrant must spend R500 (Five Hundred Rand) or more at any Cashbuild store;
- an entry into this competition will be automatic and a confirmation sms will be sent from Absa Rewards to the entrant once the qualifying criteria has been reached.
15.1 no prizewinners have been determined; and
If the promotional competition is ended as set out in 14 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Absa, unless Absa has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
The prize –
15.2 reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the promotion are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.
Amendments to the Terms and Conditions:
- cannot be transferred and will only be handed over if all details given are factually correct;
- will not be exchanged for cash amounts or for any prize other than the prize offered in this competition;
- may be replaced by another prize of the same commercial value if the original prize is not available for any reason beyond Absa’s reasonable control.
- Absa is entitled to amend the terms and conditions thereof in so far as same is deemed necessary and such amendments may relate to any aspect of such competition;
- The amendments may include the addition and or deletion of any exiting and or proposed terms and conditions of the competition, which amendments may also affect the identified prize money of such competition;
- The proposed amendments may be effected prior to the starting date of the competition and during the campaign period, which amendments may result in the campaign period being reduced and or extended as deemed necessary